Monday, August 2, 2010

Energy levels and a post via email - a new feature for me (how did they end up together??)

Happy Monday morning J

 

While I am on a work telecon (meeting over the phone), I am giving ½ an ear for that as well as playing with my blog (sshhhhh).

I changed the background color a little bit and enabled a feature which allows me to write an email and send it to an email address that I created which will then post to my blog without me actually logging into the blog site itself. Just another way to me to write J

 

I had written on Facebook this morning that I can pick my own attitude this fine Monday morning. That is normally obvious to me since I am usually feeling quite good. This morning, I have a dull headache and am finding it a struggle to “get happy” about going to work. No one can make me happy – I have to decide that for myself. I have asked myself intentional questions and listened for answers for things that might help me feel a little happier about some things that need to be done today which, at the moment, I am not loving.

 

I walked out the door this morning with a banana and an apple. Along the lines with helping me feel better, I know food that we consume has a lot to do with it. When the body is struggling to digest certain foods, it can cause a drain on the rest of the body and energy levels. I had gotten out of the habit of walking out the door with a couple of pieces of fruit. Today, I decided that was important and I did it. I did actually eat the banana on the drive to the office! Half of that goal is accomplished J

 

Still along the lines of food and feeling better…I know I am an emotional eater. I also know that it isn’t just a particular emotion that I eat for. I eat when I am happy, sad, mad, excited, etc. I have talked to people and read articles about being more aware of when I want to eat to STOP and ask myself some questions to make sure I am eating because I am hungry and not bored or emotional. That doesn’t always work for me and cause me to stop. Another thing I recently read was that some people eat because they feel out of control. What one eats and when they eat and how much they eat IS in their control. This will be something new that I will consider…as I am learning to let go of a lot of things and become less of a “control freak”, I expect a challenge here and will keep you updated on any tricks I learn J

 

I plan to choose a healthy lunch. Even though I have been eating salads lately, it’s what I put on the salad that I could be making a better choice about.

 

I know I will feel better (those 2 Excedrin should help) after more water, 2 pieces of fruit and a healthier lunch. I will also be looking for the value that I bring to the work I do and the people I interact with along my path today. Realizing my gifts that I am already equipped with and knowing I add value to others will help me feel happier about my day. Look, it is already working by me writing J